Saturday, September 20, 2008

Wildlife Safari

So my mom and I wanted to do something fun with the boys today and couldn't think of anything that was close and something we had never done. We racked our brains all day Friday and finally thought of the Wildlife Safari just pass Canyonville. If you haven't been there you need to go!! It was AWESOME!! The kids loved it and it was just as cool for us adults. Although it is a bit pricey it is well worth the drive and the price. It is on 600 acres and has hundreds of animals, pretty much anything you can think of they have there. You drive in your car and it takes you through all the animals, it takes like an hour and a half. Most of the animals roam free there are very few that are locked up in gates. And those animals that are locked up I am thankful that they are, (lions, cheetahs, tigers, and elephants). As for the bears they are in a really big caged in area that you get to drive through, (with your windows up). The best part for me and I think the boys was towards the end there are a bunch of cranes and two of them came right up to our window. One of them actually put his head inside our window I think he was trying to eat the boys. They thought it was SO COOL and were not afraid at all, well maybe Austin was a little. As you can see I have no pictures of this great adventure that we went on today, of course my camera had to break and my mom didn't bring hers. Well maybe next time we will get some cool pictures to show for our trip. Oh yeah and the kids got to ride a train, of course Kadyn's favorite part of the day!! It was a long day and the kids are tired so my motherly duties call! If I think of anymore things I will post them latter.

2 comments:

The George's said...

We just went with my Mom on Thursday. It was cool. A lot better than I had thought it would be. We got to see the Bears eat. It was crazy and we were about 30 feet from them. It was scary.

Staci Leach said...

We went in June when we were up there. Great fun! We left the CD that goes along with the drive at the house up there so we don't have to buy it again!